Accommodations are at NO COST to the applicant. The application process may be completed at www.ihoot.org or by contacting the Vacations for Vets Program Manager at email@example.com. A $75 non-refundable processing fee is required by Active Duty applicants, $100 for Veterans with proof of honorable service in order to start the administrative application process. Vacations for Vets is a special program that is managed at the corporate level, not at the resort. DO NOT CALL THE RESORT! Calling the resort could delay the reservation process. If you have questions prior to submitting the application, click the “Contact Us” link at www.ihoot.org. The Vacations for Vets Program Manager will contact you when the application has been processed and will issue a confirmation number and/or certificate that is required for check-in at the resort.
RULES AND GUIDELINES
1. Vacations include accommodations only! The maximum vacation period is 7 nights and 8 days. The Program does NOT include airfare!
2. Qualified categories include Wounded Warriors, Active Duty service men and women, Reservists on Active Duty, National Guard on Active Duty, Veterans recalled to Active Duty and Discharged Veterans providing proof of honorable service.
3. Sponsors that have been issued confirmation numbers and/or certificates of accommodations are responsible for the conduct and actions of their family members and guests.
4. It is recommended that applications be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to travel dates requested. Only one vacation per active duty sponsor per resort company is allowed based on availability. Please allow at least 2 weeks for the initial application to be processed..
5. Participants must submit a testimony outlining their vacation experience and how it helped your family reconnect. IHOOT may request a public relations release to publish your testimony in the resort owners’ newsletters. This will help generate more vacation accommodations for other service men and women.
6. The Vacations for Vets Program is not responsible for injuries, property or personal damage, financial obligations or notes signed by members prior to, during or following travel.
7. Applicants may complete and submit the application online; download, scan and email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.; Fax the form to 410-496-7668, ATTN: Program Manager.
8. Confirmation or certificates will be sent directly to applicants from the Vacations for Vets Program Manager.
9. Your only Point of Contact (POC) is the Vacations for Vets Program Manager! DO NOT CALL THE RESORT. All personal correspondence must be generated online at the “Contact Us” link or by email to email@example.com.
10. The following methods of payment are accepted: MasterCard, VISA, Discover, AMEX, Debit Card displaying the MasterCard or Visa logo either individually or through Pay Pal.
I have read, understand and agree to comply with the Rules and Guidelines. I certify that I am qualified to apply for the Vacations for Vets Program as outlined in paragraph two (2) above.