Accommodations are at NO COST to the applicant. The application process must be completed at www.ihoot.org. A $75 non-refundable processing fee is required by Active Duty applicants, $100 for Veterans with proof of honorable service in order to start the administrative application process. Vacations for Vets is a special program that is managed at the corporate level, not at the resort. DO NOT CALL THE RESORT! Calling the resort could delay or cancel the reservation process. If you have questions prior to submitting the application, click the “Contact Us” link at www.ihoot.org or contact the Vacations for Vets Program Manager directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified by email when the application has been processed and you will be issued a confirmation number and/or certificate that is required for check-in at the resort.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1.Q: Are retired service members eligible for the Vacations for Vets Program? Yes, but you must provide proof of honorable service.
2. Q: What items can be used for proof of honorable service? DD214 or honorable discharge certificate.
3. Q: What proof do I need for proof of active duty? You must provide your official .mil email address, official duty mailing address, personal email address and home address. Providing your DD214 is optional, but is not required for active duty personnel.
4. Q: Are family members allowed to accompany me? You may invite whomever you choose to accompany you on your vacation with the understanding that you are responsible for their conduct.
5. Q: Can family members apply for individual vacations. No, but spouses may complete the application for the service member. However, the actual service member must sign in at the resort.
6. Q: Are widows of service members eligible to apply for the Program? Widows are eligible to apply for the Program, but must provide proof of honorable service for the deceased member: honorable discharge certificate or DD214 and death certificate.
7. Q: Are National Guard, Reserves or Service Academies eligible to apply? Yes.
8. Q: Can the Program Manager tell me if a resort and/or dates are available before I submit the application? No, the Program Manager can NOT determine availability until the application process has been completed. Processing can NOT begin until the application process has been completed and submitted online.
9. Q: If I cancel after receiving a confirmation number and/or certificate of confirmation, do I have to reapply? If circumstances beyond your control occur, you may cancel or change DATES at least six (6) weeks prior to the arrival date. If you cancel or change the DATES/LOCATION or if you contact the Program Manager less than 6 weeks of the arrival date, you will be required to reapply.
10. Q: How long will it be before I know the status of my application? Please allow at least three (3) weeks from the date you submitted the application for the processing to be completed. If you have not heard from the Vacations for Vets Program Manager after 3 weeks, you may either click the “Contact Us” link at www.ihoot.org or contact the Program Manager by email at email@example.com.
RULES AND GUIDELINES
1. Vacations include accommodations only! The maximum vacation period is 7 nights and 8 days. The Program does NOT include airfare!
2. Qualified categories include Wounded Veterans, Active Duty service men and women including Marines, Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Reservists on Active Duty, National Guard on Active Duty, Veterans recalled to Active Duty and Discharged Veterans of all categories providing proof of honorable service.
3. Sponsors that have been issued confirmation numbers and/or certificates of accommodations are responsible for the conduct and actions of their family members and guests.
4. It is recommended that applications be submitted at least 12 weeks prior to travel dates requested. Only one vacation per active duty sponsor is allowed in a calendar year (365 days). Please allow at least 3 weeks for the initial application to be processed..
5. Participants must submit a testimony outlining their vacation experience and how it helped your family reconnect. IHOOT may request a public relations release to publish your testimony in the resort owners’ newsletters. This will help generate more vacation accommodations for other service men and women.
6. The Vacations for Vets Program is not responsible for injuries, property or personal damage, financial obligations or notes signed by members prior to, during or following travel.
7. Applicants must complete and submit the application online. Proof of honorable service can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-496-7668, ATTN; Vacations for Vets Program Manager.
8. Confirmation or certificates will be sent directly to applicants from the Vacations for Vets Program Manager by email.
9. Your only Point of Contact (POC) is the Vacations for Vets Program Manager! DO NOT CALL THE RESORT. All personal correspondence must be generated online at the “Contact Us” link or by email to email@example.com.
10. The following methods of payment are accepted: MasterCard, VISA, Discover, AMEX, Debit Card displaying the MasterCard or Visa logo either individually or through Pay Pal. If you are not comfortable with making payment through Pay Pal, contact the Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are not required to apply for a personal Pay Pal account to use it to pay fees.
11. If two eligible members of the same household apply for consecutive weeks at the same site and dates, the applications must be submitted separately with each individual’s contact and payment information and proof of active or honorable service. Availability is not guaranteed.
12. A $300 refundable deposit will be required of applicants that have canceled or changed a confirmed reservation in less than 6-weeks to check in date unless there were confirmed extenuating circumstances.
I have read, understand and agree to comply with the Rules and Guidelines. I certify that I am eligible to apply for the Vacations for Vets Program as outlined in paragraph two (2) above and understand that the processing fee is non-refundable.